Thursday, January 20, 2011

day 1 of english104:)


I am Kayde Osborn; I’m from St. Joseph, Missouri but I have grown up in the small town of Savannah, Missouri.  I have had a lot of experience with reading and writing throughout school.  I like to write, I enjoy being able to spill my thoughts on to a piece of paper instead of talking. Reading does not excite me one bit. In high school I would sink as low as I could in my desk hoping my teacher wouldn’t call on me to read out loud.  However I like to read to myself, I love real life stories. My favorite book so far is “Dear John.”  I would like my classmates to know my first draft is my shittiest.  My writing strengths happen to be that I...I really don’t know but I’m really good at comprehending what I read, most of the time.  I sometimes don’t have the patients to read. These practices excite me because I have improved in reading and writing in English 100 and I know I will improve even further after this semester.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayde,

    Welcome back. I'm happy that you have chosen to enroll with me once again.

    Why would you say that the first draft is "shitty?" I know that the article we read last semester may have put you at ease since everyone writes "Shitty First Drafts." From working with you last semester, I think that you just need a gentle push toward the written assignment -- at least to get you thinking about what you want to write about.

    I hope that you will enjoy the books this semester. They offer a different perspective that you may not be familiar with.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete