Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December first:)

Throughout my life I have had a very special but distant relationship with books. While growing up I was too busy for books, they didn’t fit in to my schedule I was too busy playing outside. In high school we had to silent read so I had no choice but to find a book that could entertain me for an hour each week. I searched everywhere for a book, but I couldn’t find a book that really interested me. So I started asking my friends what their favorite books were. I was recommended Dear John, but it took me only one week to read it. I loved Dear John!  Now I had a problem I had no book, so I set out for target and found a book called “Testimony.” I thought I had found a good book but I was wrong the book was horrible I couldn’t even read past the first chapter. This was the last book I purchased. I was so disappointed with the book, that I threw it in someone else’s locker. I have not bought another book since then. I don’t like to read but every once in a while I get my hands on a good book. Growing up I was a lot alike Rodriguez I hated to read and I didn’t understand why some people read so much. I was in a special class kind of like Rodriguez; I would go to a room with a teacher with a couple of my class mates and read out loud. But unlike Rodriguez I never came to love reading. I only read when I have to in school.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayde,

    I find it interesting that you loved "Dear John" written by Nicholas Sparks. I'm not sure who "Testimony" is written by, but have you considered reading other books by Sparks such as "Message in a Bottle," "A Walk to Remember," or "The Notebook?" You might find that you like his novels instead. I encourage you to check them out at a library to see what you find.

    I really like the connection you make with Rodriguez, but it is important to note that he was not a good reader. Why do you think this is?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete