Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why I Decided to Go to College?

I decided to come to college because I want to further my education so I
can provide for my daughter. Neither of my parents went to college and
they both have decent paying jobs, but I have grow up watching them
struggle. I have herd my mother say numerous times that she wishes she
would have went to college. This has made me want to attend college, I
don’t want to struggle or have to depend on my parents. College has
opened my eyes, showing me that I have to make my own choices. Choosing
what classes to take, attending class, and doing my homework are all my
own choices. Having a toddler makes this very difficult for me, she
needs my undivided attention. I know in the long run I will be happy
with my decision to attend college. Something I already think about and
regret is not waiting to go to college. I am fresh out of high school
and I don’t have the focus or drive to learn. I think if I were to be
older and ready for college I would feel much better about college. One
thing that is difficult for me to deal with is the teachers who
constantly bring up the fact that college isn’t for everyone. Some days
I don’t feel like college is for me. No matter how hard college gets I
will not drop out because I would not only be letting myself down but
Aubrey also.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayde,

    I hope you understand that we aren't wanting everyone not to go to college; however, it is to a student's convenience of time and money not to waist their time in college. Sometimes, it is best if a student simply wait. When we do wait, we have a different set of responsibilities and priorities. You may witness this from the nontraditional students in class. Either way, I appreciate your presence in class and I hope you continue your education here because it will be easier for you if you go to college now.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete